Learn how to be a Savvy Shopper at Rising Tide!
First, check out the Savvy Shopper Tips, which can be found here or on the back of the Fresh Deals Flyer!
Next up: Savvy Shopper Tours! Whether you are a tour group of one or a group of 20, we would be more than happy to show you how to be healthy, happy and how to save some money along the way!
What should you expect from a savvy shopper tour?
When you visit the co-op, you will get:
- An in-depth look at how to shop our bulk sections (and samples!)
- Tips and tricks on saving money while shopping the co-op.
- Great information about several local vendors
- A handy dandy folder packed with information for you to take home
How long does a tour take?
Depending on the group size and how many questions you throw at us (and how much we nerd out about local foods), it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
How to prepare for your tour:
- Wear closed-toed shoes for safety in all work areas.
- Feel free to ask us questions!
- Let us know if anyone in your group has any food allergies.
- Let us know if anyone in your group has mobility issues, is hearing or sight-impaired, or needs an interpreter or guide(s)
Have a group that would like a Savvy Shopper Tour? Or maybe you would like one for yourself? Simply contact us and we will be happy to make arrangements!
Email our Outreach Team Here!
Farm Fresh Reward Program
Are you a shopper who wants to know more about how Farm Fresh Rewards works? Visit farmfreshrewards.org
With Farm Fresh Rewards, shoppers using SNAP/EBT receive bonus fruits and vegetables from local farms, stretching limited benefits much further.
Maine Farmland Trust manages Farm Fresh Rewards, nutrition incentives that increase the value of federal nutrition assistance dollars spent at participating stores. The program complements Maine Harvest Bucks, managed by the Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets, which can be found at participating farmers’ markets, CSA farms, and farm stands around the state.