Member-owners! Is there a local nonprofit organization that you want to see on the list to receive a Co-ops for Community Day donation?
Here’s how it works:
- The nomination period is February 1 – March 15 each year.
- During the nominating period, RT member-owners may nominate as many local nonprofits as they would like (but may only nominate each group once). Forms and the ballot box are located near the registers in the store.
- We count all valid nominations. The 20 organizations with the most nominations will appear on the ballot in RT’s annual election.
- During the annual election, each RT member-owner can vote for the 10 organizations they’d like to see participate in the Co-ops for Community Day program during the upcoming year.
- The 10 organizations that receive the most votes are assigned a month in which they’ll receive .5% of our Wednesday sales.
All nominated groups must meet Rising Tide’s donation guidelines; we do not donate to political or religious organizations.
As well as receiving a donation from Rising Tide, recipient organizations also have the opportunity to set up a table in the store on Wednesdays, in order to spread the word about their organization to Rising Tide’s customers and staff. Nominating and voting on Co-ops for Community Day recipients is a benefit of Rising Tide membership – it’s a way for member-owners to participate in Rising Tide. Only RT member-owners may nominate and vote in this process.